A Comparative Study of World Religions and Worldviews for the Christian Student
“Only 1% of American millennials under 30 years of age have a biblical worldview (down from 2% in 2019, and down from 12% in 1995).” Source: Arizona Christian University and Barna Research Group
1. Know the Essentials of a Christian Worldview
For lack of rooting and grounding in the truths of God’s Word, only 1% of millennials (as of 2023) hold to a biblical worldview, even though 56% still refer to themselves as Christians. Here is a short course for every believer and every young student of the Word of God on the basics of the Christian faith. Without delving too deeply into the intramural conflicts within Christianity, this book lays down the line of demarcation between the Thesis of truth, and the Antithesis of demonically contrived worldviews that have ensnared the whole world. Kevin Swanson lays down what he calls “trunk faith” or the essential truths every Christian must believe, without getting too caught up in the “leaves” or the minor differences between Christian groups. What distinguishes the Christian faith from the false religions and the bad worldviews that make up the rest of the world? This course gets down to the basics concerning the nature of truth, the nature of God, the nature of man, origins, ethics, sin, salvation, sociology, and teleology. This is theology 101 for the young believer.
2. Know the Rudiments of Competing Worldviews
“God made man upright, but they have sought out many schemes” (Eccl. 7:29). Now, how does the Christian worldview line up against competing worldviews, and where and how do they fall short? Young people today are subjected to a thousand competing voices through media, academia, and peers. They are too easily “cheated through philosophy and empty deceit according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ” (Col. 2:8). This book sets out to expose these vain philosophies, and to make way for the truth. The light shines in the darkness. The falsehoods must be exposed, and the truth must prevail.
3. Know How to Give an Answer for the Hope in You
We are challenged to “cast down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ” (2 Cor. 10:5). This course will also introduce basic apologetics for the Christian believer.
Generations Homeschool Curriculum provides two major worldview courses. Here are the differences between those:
- Worldviews in Conflict is a Literature Course, comparing the Christian worldview to predominating worldviews in the West (using the writings of philosophers, literary figures, and pop culture).
- Worldview is a theology course, comparing the Christian worldview to all major religions and worldviews around the world today.
- Worldview explains the Christian worldview in detail. Worldviews in Conflict gets into more detail concerning the predominant worldviews that students will run into in universities and popular culture, and how the Christian worldview counters them.
- Worldview is an introduction to the Christian worldview and other false worldviews. Worldviews in Conflict provides more on how to detect these false worldviews in literature and popular culture and how to oppose them.
Ordering from Outside the USA?
Here’s the heart commitment of the Generations ministry: we want to make our Christ-centered curriculum affordable and accessible to every Christian family in the world. Missionary or single parent families may be eligible for additional assistance - see HERE for details.
Option 1 - Digital Curriculum
The benefit of our digital curriculum package is that you can get it immediately and without paying the extra expense of postage. Your family is free to print out as many copies as you wish for your family’s use. We also offer the digital curriculum packages at a much-reduced cost for missionaries, international Christian families on a tight budget, and other ministry workers. Note: a few curriculum items are not available in our digital packages due to licensing restrictions from other publishers.
Option 2 - Free Shipping for Generations Products
We also offer free shipping on Generations Products for most international shipments with the following requirements:
- Generations Core Curriculum packages and Generations-published curriculum products can be purchased at retail price (no discounts). Items within our "International Ordering" product collection are the only items that qualify for this free shipping policy.
- Once qualifying international items in your cart total $200 USD or more, free shipping will be automatically applied.
Note: Shipping on any non-Generations items is charged according to live shipping rates provided in our shopping carts. Generations reserves the right to cancel any order if a workable shipping option can't be found.
For questions relating to our international shipping policy, email email@example.com.