Worldviews in Conflict Textbook
A Study in Western Philosophy, Literature, and Culture
Recommended for a Senior High School or College Entry Level Literature Course.
Every Christian student should understand the writings that formed the modern world and undermined the Christian foundations in the West. The Christian student should be well equipped to engage the battle of the worldviews before he or she enters adulthood.
It is extremely dangerous when a Christian student is taught to accept the 'great' thinkers and writers uncritically, whether it be Karl Marx, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, or Steven Spielberg. That is why this curriculum is so needed. The great thinkers and the liberal arts programs have led millions of Christian young people astray over the centuries.
This course presents a basic introduction to, and critical analysis of, the philosophers, the literary masters, and the cultural influencers of the last three hundred years. A refreshing improvement of most philosophy and literature courses, this course is filled with relevant biblical references and truths that address the false worldviews of the 'great' secular humanist works.
This textbook includes:
- Selected Readings and Summary of 15+ philosophers and authors of the modern world
- In-depth analysis of influential literary works from Shakespeare's Macbeth, Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter, Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea
- Prayers to equip the student in the war of ideas
- Review of popular music and movies
- Vocabulary, study questions, exams, and essay assignments for each section
"Of course, fallen man is more than happy to take the place of God and become his own lawgiver. Contrary to Rousseau's hopes and aspirations, this sinful inclination does not produce maximum freedom, nor does it release man from his chains. In the end, rebellion nearly always heightens governmental tyranny, which is exactly what happened in nations that followed Rousseau's ideas..."
What Others Are Saying
Incredible book! Fantastic source for History, Ethics and Literature. Perfect read for Christians who are entering secular college! Fantastic source (for projects) for believers who are required to take Literary Criticism, Ethics and Sociology. It helped to keep me (a student) rooted in God's reality!!! Don't go to secular college without this book!!!
- Scott S.
Ordering from Outside the USA?
Here’s the heart commitment of the Generations ministry: we want to make our Christ-centered curriculum affordable and accessible to every Christian family in the world. Missionary or single parent families may be eligible for additional assistance - see HERE for details.
Option 1 - Digital Curriculum
The benefit of our digital curriculum package is that you can get it immediately and without paying the extra expense of postage. Your family is free to print out as many copies as you wish for your family’s use. We also offer the digital curriculum packages at a much-reduced cost for missionaries, international Christian families on a tight budget, and other ministry workers. Note: a few curriculum items are not available in our digital packages due to licensing restrictions from other publishers.
Option 2 - Free Shipping for Generations Products
We also offer free shipping on Generations Products for most international shipments with the following requirements:
- Generations Core Curriculum packages and Generations-published curriculum products can be purchased at retail price (no discounts). Items within our "International Ordering" product collection are the only items that qualify for this free shipping policy.
- Once qualifying international items in your cart total $200 USD or more, free shipping will be automatically applied.
Note: Shipping on any non-Generations items is charged according to live shipping rates provided in our shopping carts.
For questions relating to our international shipping policy, email email@example.com.